Contributors

Thursday, January 1, 2009

NFL Regular Season Wrap

Well, a blog titled "People For Fair Fucking Treatment of Football Teams" wouldn't be worth a broke dick if somebody didn't post a rant about the Pats missing the playoffs at 11-5, now would it?

So if anybody wants to post one, feel free. As for me, I'll take some pride in what this injury riddled team accomplished in '08. 11-5 without Brady, without Harrison and Maroney for most of the season, without Adalius and Bruschi at the end, with Junior and Rosey in solid cameo roles, and with breakout unknown of the year Matty Cassel at the helm and Defensive Rookie of the Year Jered Mayo anchoring the linebacking corps. Yep, it sucks that the 8-8 Chargers get in over us, and I imagine the 9-7 J-E-T-S aren't real impressed by it either. Fuck them.

2008 was a tough year all around, not just for the New England Patriots of Belichick. A lot of people lost their homes, jobs, retirement funds and quite likely a good portion of their sanity. I'll count my blessings that I don't own a house, am self employed, drained my 401K and am already batshit. I'll look forward to a brighter 2009, with a return of Brady or Franchise Player Cassel getting the Pats off to a good start and finishing in a Belichickian manner.

Oh, and why the fuck does Herm Edwards still have a job? Sweet Jesus, that may just be the mystery of a lifetime.

1 comment:

Zep said...

Would you take a head coach job in KC?

I mean, since Hank Stram, when has anything happened in KC? (and Priest Holmes doesn't count)

Followers